“Resources for Improving Social inclusion and Equality, based on applied entrepreneurial competences” is an Erasmus+ mobility of youth workers project involving 25 participants from Albania, Croatia, Finland, Hungary, Italy, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain and Turkey. The project is an online training course on 19-21 and 26-27 March 2021 involving 2 participants from Finland. The project is orgainsed by Alternativa Ambiental (Spain) and co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission.
Project summary: In a Europe in constant change, with many different cultures, this training project aims to reduce racism and discrimination, and promote social inclusion, taking into account the priorities and opportunities offered by the Horizon 2020 program in social action and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). We will rely on the Entrecomp and Digcomp competences framework, as a tool to generate competences that make us think and act in an entrepreneurial way.
This project focuses on the education of workers of youth organizations, to inspire participants in future projects of employability and entrepreneurship, through educational methods. How to take responsibility for your own learning process (selfdirected learning) will be addressed. With this project, we will support the future and the present of workers of youth organizations, in the development of specific capacities for entrepreneurship and employment.
The objectives of the project are:
- Offer practical tools to improve social employability and entrepreneurial skills in projects that support inclusion, diversity, equality.
- Support the professional and personal development of young workers and youth trainers.
- Provide information and applicability on the Entrecomp and Digcomp competency framework.
- Publicize the priorities Horizon 2020, Sustainable Development Goals; and develop social inclusion initiatives in these areas.
- Provide useful tools and methods to use with the young people with whom you work, in international work with young people and within the framework of ERASMUS+ and the European Solidarity Corps.
- Into Action: Explore and develop new initiatives for social entrepreneurship and employability in youth work.
Participants on this project will be youth workers, current and future, and young people, in the development of specific skills, focusing on the development of resources for diversity, inclusion, no discrimination and acquisition of skills that contribute to improving quality of life through social entrepreneurship.
We want to put focus on participants who are:
– interested in the topic of the project,
– capable to identify and analise the needs of youth in their local community,
– willing to participate actively and share knowledge, expertise and positive energy with the rest participants,
– capable to work in English language,
– familiar with the concept of non-formal education and self directed learning,
– willing to work with young people in inclusion and diversity field,
– willing to continue and share the gained knowledge.
On this project we are also going to include people with fewer opportunities , such as people coming from rural areas and the areas with not so appropriate educational system, the youth coming from the regions with economical obstacles social struggles, the young people who because of financial reasons are not able to release desired education – choosing all these groups participants will also have a chance to understand how to work with this particular groups of people and to break personal barriers.
The project will satisfy the individual needs of each youth worker, to execute the segment of transition of knowledge, creating critical thinking towards education in order to have better educational process
Phases of the project
The project will have 3 phases:
– the preparation phase
– the implementation of the main activities and
– phase of expanding the results and evaluation.
The activities will consist dynamic and creative workshops, which have aim to raise the awareness of diversity, equality and inclusion, and promotion of social entrepreneurship.
The activities will be mainly for the education of youth workers trainers and facilitators using, the method of non-formal education. Since the project is about also the empowerment of intellectual capacities, through educational process, the methodology matches the objectives of the project and activities itself.
The activities of the project are complexed so it starts from the basics general and very specific, meaning that we are starting with the basics and the terms that are introduction to the individual points of all the elements mentioned above.